Search for the Seal
MIA Accreditation represents a highly coveted designation symbolizing that Artisan Group members are among the nation's finest in the natural stone industry. When you are shopping for a stone fabricator, look for the Marble Institute of America Seal.
MIA Accreditation is a meaningful quality indicator because only the finest companies in the business can meet all of the qualifications necessary to achieve accreditation. The MIA Accreditation Seal protects residential and commercial customers from unscrupulous businesses and business practices, poor quality products and shoddy workmanship.
When you work with an Artisan Group fabricator displaying the MIA Accreditation Seal, you can be totally confident that your project will be completed in a professional manner, that questions or concerns will be promptly addressed and that your satisfaction will be the company's priority. The MIA Seal means peace of mind; from the selection of the slab through fabrication, installation and beyond.
The sole purpose of being an MIA Accredited company is to increase the quality of fabrication and installation practices in the stone industry and to reward those companies that qualify with a special identity in the marketplace.
All Artisan Group Members are accredited by the Marble Institute of America
To earn MIA Accreditation, a company must complete an intensive, rigorous process that includes documentation of its business and employment practices, letters of recommendation, a written examination and site visits to the facility and completed jobs.
Companies that achieve MIA Accreditation exemplify best practices in these areas:
- Physical facilities and equipment
- Business and trade practices
- Technical knowledge and expertise
- Quality control
- Customer service and consultation
- Advertising and promotion
- Employee policies including training, education and advancement
The Accreditation Program continues the MIAs more than 65-year history of promoting excellence and accountability in the natural stone industry. For residential or commercial applications, MIA Accreditation signifies that Artisan Group members:
- Are highly experienced in stone fabrication, installation and maintenance
- Are solid, reputable businesses
- Operate in a responsible manner in compliance with OSHA standards
- Are dedicated to a quality product, quality installation and total customer satisfaction